Counseling, Therapy & Coaching
Most Insurances Accepted
I am an experienced Licensed Clinical Social Worker. I have been assisting individuals and couples in creating a healthier and happier life. I received a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Human and Community Relations from SUNY Empire State College and a Master’s degree in Social Work from SUNY Stony Brook University School of Social Welfare.
I have had success in empowering clients to implement positive change in their lives. Through thoughtful understanding and compassion, I can help you make your desired life a reality. I work with clients to identify conflicts, negative patterns and sources of stress in their lives and help facilitate self-awareness and positive change.
In life, there are times when even the strongest people require some added support. Sometimes we need guidance when our life path changes direction, while dealing with a difficult situation, or when dealing with a life changing circumstance. Whatever the specific reason may be, counseling and therapy can be helpful to you and assist you in understanding that you deserve to have happiness, joy and wellness in your life.
My practice is based on empowering clients to understand that they hold the answers and the ability to solve their problems and issues within themselves. No two people are alike. Therefore, my treatment modality is an eclectic, generalist, individualized, and client-centered. I use a unique range of therapies; such as communication based therapies, cognitive-behavioral therapy and solution focused therapies, among others. Together we create and positive and productive partnership because I believe therapy is a collaborative effort between client and therapist.
Therapy is all about growth and change. Anxiety, depression, stress, loss, trauma, and substance use can inhibit our ability to realize our true potential in creating a happy and fulfilling life. Therapy is a safe and confidential environment where you can begin to make changes in your life. With the support of a trained, compassionate and qualified professional this process can not only be productive, but enlightening and exciting.
Therapy is a journey of self-discovery and uncovering hidden strengths within us. This process makes us resilient, increasing our ability to experience positive emotions, such as self-acceptance and joy. Therapy helps us to learn new ways to manage our thoughts and emotions, channeling them into a purposeful goal, rather than be scattered and diffused. By learning to focus our thoughts, emotions and behavior, we can gain control over them. I look forward to assisting you with creating your goals, working with you on achieving them, and creating the life you have always wanted.
• Adult Psychotherapy • Stress Management • Phase of Life – Adjusting to Life Transitions
• Crisis Intervention/Assessment • Conflict Resolution • Multicultural Counseling/Culture Issues
• Grief Counseling • Substance Abuse Counseling • Interpersonal and Relationship Issues
• Coping with Physical and Chronic Illness • Women’s Issues and Empowerment • LGBTQ Issues
• Mental Health • Anxiety • Depression • OCD • Marriage and Couples counseling
• Career Satisfaction • Short Term Counseling • Life Coaching
Most insurances accepted.
• Meditation: Meditation is a practice that helps clients to deeply relax, thus fostering greater coping. Mediation has restorative properties which can help you to use the skills learned in therapy more effectively. If you have recently learned new coping skills in treatment and are interested in implementing them, but have “no energy” to practice, meditation can help.
• Reiki: Reiki is an Ancient Healing System, which teaches hands-on healing through universal life force energy, unconditional love and an open compassionate heart!!
Reiki reduces stress and promotes relaxation that encourages healing. Reiki is based on the idea that an unseen life force energy flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one’s life force energy is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy. Reiki sessions can empower the body and mind to implement change and can enhance and expedite the therapy process. Reiki sessions are offered both in session and at a distance.
Meditation – Mindfulness
• Mindfulness as defined by Jon Kabat Zinn, a renowned teacher of this practice as, “the practice of paying attention on purpose, in the present moment, and non-judgmentally”. This practice is beneficial to counter the effects of daily stress in our life. Meditation and mindfulness practice helps the person to slow down the thinking process and develop understandingbetween thoughts and emotions. Helping the person have more control over them and increasingtheir ability to control them. Mindfulness can help us overcome anxiety and depression, hypertension, chronic physical pain, focus and attain goals and is a wonderful as a coping skill for dealing with stress.
• Breathing Techniques: The process of breathing is the essence of being alive. Our emotions have a major impact on how we breath. When we are absorbed by fear or shock, we tend to hold our breath. Breathing techniques have been used to help people gain control of emotions such as anger, fear, confusion and anxiety. When you are able to breath in the appropriate way; from their belly you can feel more centered, grounded and can increase the intake of oxygen into the body to assist in normalizing emotions and thoughts.
Holistic treatments can add to your traditional therapy experience. I can teach you meditation and I offer reiki treatments and certification classes.
I look forward to hearing from you, learning your story, and discussing ways I can help you improve your life.